Sunday, 10 October 2010

The Bath Parade, with pictures!

The day dawned warm and sunny - a great start -- and continued so throughout. A deal of scurrying about took place, with me knocking on the door of my next door neighbour for help fastening my petticoat, and then later, helping me put on my spencer.


The ladies of Rudloe Hall in all their finery! Me? I'm taking the photo of course! (And having trouble explaining my phobia of having my photo taken!)

We arrived in Bath rather early, and everyone went off for a while, whereas I waited to meet up with some English friends who were also to be in the Parade. I nipped into a shop and bought a couple of fleeces while waiting, having been searching for about two years to find that particular colour, and at two-for-the-price-of -one, it seemed too good an opportunity to miss! However, I didn't carry a plastic bag round with me but left it to collect later - the shop put it behind the counter for me.

My friend and customer Margaret turned up, in her wonderful bonnet made by Mela Hoyt-Hayden. and while we were people watching I mentioned that one lady looked very good in her outfit. She turned towards me, and even from that distance I was able to recognise Kate, and another customer/friend, Kim.



I do not seem to have taken my camera out after these, and one other,  and have no photos of the Parade at all, or any of the Lacock ladies - if you do have please send to me for inclusion.

After the Parade, some ladies had lunch booked at the Guildhall, while my friends, and Jennie and the girls and a friend of hers, went to Tilleys Bistro, a restaurant I highly recommend. http://www.tilleysbistro.co.uk/  where we had an excellent lunch. Disappointingly, the ladies who went to the Guildhall were not so lucky.

I am going to split the day here, as it seems like a natural break is called for.

No comments:

Post a Comment